All too often, veggie-focused recipes are made inedible for cruelty-free diners through the addition of wholly unnecessary cheese or meat. Rather than allowing the natural flavors of the vegetables to shine, some cooks feel the need to cover this up with bolder, louder flavors, anxious about the idea of “boring” their dinner guests. Not City Roots Hospitality! We love delicious vegetables and want yours to shine, so start with this mouthwatering vegan zucchini noodles recipe.
Whether entertaining a huge gathering or just hosting a close family dinner, allow City Roots Hospitality to remove all the stress. Rather than fretting over balancing so many different tastes, keep all your bases covered through inclusive, flavorful options designed for every guest’s enjoyment! Our expert chefs are ready and waiting to help you create an assortment of options guaranteed to please every visitor, whether they are vegan, gluten-free, or just in need of a tasty snack.
Don’t waste time; get ahead of the holiday rush! Reach out to City Roots Hospitality, and allow us to help you get started on the Thanksgiving dinner or holiday party of your dreams.
Healthy Vegan Zucchini Noodles Recipe
Several years ago, zucchini noodles grew in popularity due to their potential as a “diet” food. Admittedly, these flavorful summer squash vegetables do work in this realm at only around 25 calories a serving. (They are also hydrating, low in fat, and can help keep you fuller for longer.)
That said, these healthy veggies have so much more to offer and are incredibly tasty.
Zucchini noodles are an amazing source of vitamin C which greatly benefits anyone hoping to build up their immune system before cold and flu season. What’s more, these “noodles” are rich in vitamin B6, making them an invaluable addition to a cruelty-free diet. The unique blend of vitamins and minerals promises to provide energy and stamina, so this recipe is perfect for your next healthy lunchtime meal prep.
This vegan zucchini noodles recipe offers the best of both worlds, with all the health benefits of zucchini but hearty enough, protein-rich sauce to keep you full for hours, making what was once viewed as a boring diet food delicious, nourishing, and perfect for fall.
- 2 large zucchinis, spiralized
- 2 tablespoons of vegan parmesan
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 2/3 cup of raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons of white miso
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 cup of water
- Pinch of salt
- Begin this recipe by heating up a drizzle of olive oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Note: While it is entirely acceptable to enjoy zucchini noodles raw– and many people do– for this recipe, we suggest sauteeing your zucchini noodles first. In doing so, you’ll remove some of the water content and make this dish easier to heat up at lunchtime, creating the perfect meal prep.
- Place the zucchini noodles in the pan, sprinkle with a pinch of salt, and toss in the hot oil. Sautee them over medium heat until they’ve softened and released their excess water, around five minutes.
- In a small pan, bring a few cups of water to a boil. Remove the pot from the heat, and toss the cashews into this water. Allow them to soak in the water for around fifteen minutes before straining them from the water.
- Place these soaked cashews into a blender or food processor. Add the nutritional yeast, lemon juice, white miso, garlic powder, and onion powder. Blend these ingredients together until they’ve formed a paste.
- Working in small quantities, begin adding your water to the paste. Though this recipe generally calls for 1/2 a cup, we suggest starting with 1/4 a cup, adding the water a tablespoon at a time, and blending until your sauce has reached the desired consistency.
- Your noodles are almost done! From here, combine your “alfredo sauce” and warm noodles, tossing another moment over the heat if you’d like to create a warmer sauce. From here, all that is left is to toss your sauce in a sprinkling of vegan parmesan and enjoy!
Plan your Next Gathering Today
Sometimes, it feels as if there has never been a more complicated time to please every guest, which is why it’s always best to turn to experts like City Roots Hospitality, who will know how to please every guest at your table at once.
Contact City Roots today, and treat your party guests to a healthy meal as they’ve never experienced before! Reach out for a quote, and allow City Roots to plan a menu worthy of your party!