Whether you’re planning a wedding, a baby shower, or a family reunion, the key to encouraging guests to mingle is simpler than you might imagine; it all comes back to food. The proper meal can fuel conversation, giving guests something to discuss as they get to know one another and buckle in for an exciting evening. For the ideal appetizer– one that guests can enjoy while standing, dancing, and chatting— take advantage of this easy vegan zucchini fritters recipe straight from the brilliant minds of the City Roots Hospitality family.
Professional guidance can be priceless in helping an event run smoothly, but by creating a few well-chosen, homemade menu items for your appetizer table, you can easily add a personal touch that will show family and friends exactly how much you care! For unique recipes and professional catering, turn to the professionals at City Roots Hospitality.
City Roots Hospitality takes pride in assisting New Yorkers in creating memories in the healthiest, most delightful way possible. Curious to learn more about what our professional party planners bring to the table? Reach out to begin planning the rest of your spectacular vegan menu!
Full Service / Drop-off Catering / Request a Quote
Unforgettable Vegan Zucchini Fritters
Traditionally made with a mixture of bread crumbs, eggs, and some form of meat and veggie, fritters have all the elements necessary for a quick, easy hors d’oeuvre or appetizer. Small, compact, and filling without being too bulky, fritters hold their shape without falling apart, allowing guests the chance to snack standing up or sitting down.
This said these traditional fritters do present certain party-planning flaws.
Most frequently served fried and stuffed with greasy meats, fritters can often be heavy enough to spoil appetites prior to presenting a main course.
For a fresher, healthier alternative, try our take on the traditional fritters. Filled with nutritious veggies, these vegan zucchini fritters are guaranteed to become the highlight of your next event.
- 1 medium white onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 small zucchinis
- 1/2 cup of flour (plus extra as necessary)
- 1/3 cup of nutritional yeast flakes
- 4 tablespoons of vegan egg replacement
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- 3 tablespoons of fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons of sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- To begin this recipe, prepare all your ingredients. Begin by chopping the two zucchinis, onion, and garlic as finely as possible. Alternatively, you may choose to grate the vegetables. This step is vital in ensuring that your fritters hold their shape without the help of added grease or oil.
- Mix your chopped veggies together in a medium bowl, stirring in a generous serving of chopped parsley as well. Use your hands to press the veggies together into a ball; place that ball in the clean dishrag or cheesecloth, then twist it to remove the excess juice or moisture.
- Once the veggies are free of excess water, place them back in the bowl and mix in the baking powder, salt, pepper, nutritional yeast, flour, and egg replacement. Press the mixture together with your hands. If the consistency feels too crumbly, add a spoonful of egg replacement; if too moist, add a sprinkling of flour.
- Prepare a baking sheet with either a light amount of oil or parchment paper. Wet your hands to prevent the mixture from sticking, and begin rolling out and shaping your fritters. Start by forming golf-ball-shaped rounds, then gently press to flatten them into a baking sheet. Sprinkle each raw fritter with sesame seeds.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Bake the fritter for roughly twenty minutes, flipping halfway through to ensure each side is baked evenly.
- Once the fritters are golden brown on each side, remove them from the oven and allow them to cool completely. Enjoy with a dollop of vegan yogurt, seasoning salt, or however you prefer!
Jaw-dropping Service with City Roots Hospitality
No matter your crowd, the experts at City Roots Hospitality are ready to help make your next event the most stimple, stress-free party imaginable! From finger sandwiches to soups and fried buffalo cauliflower pops to chilled cucumber roll-ups, our seemingly endless menu options offer something for everyone.
While larger parties can enjoy the indulgence of our fully-staffed catering options, smaller events flourish with the added assistance of our to-go party platters. Either way, enjoy the stellar service offered by the professional staff at City Roots Hospitality.
Reach out today to learn more about what our service can do for you!