As any expert will readily tell you, much of what separates a good party from a great one isn’t the event itself; it’s the presentation. To throw a truly memorable gathering, a host should control the overall atmosphere and presentation as much as possible. What better way to do that than taking the extra time to make every homemade treat as pleasing to the eye as it is to the taste? With this gorgeous, easy vegan “salmon patties” recipe, you’ll have no problem making the perfect eye-pleasing dish for every gathering!
At City Roots Hospitality, inclusive party planning is our mission. We take pride in helping you assemble the perfect menu for your special day from start to finish! By sticking to compassionate, vegan roots and adding a touch of gorgeous creativity, City Roots Hospitality provides a spread that helps all guests– vegan, kosher, or otherwise– feel appreciated and welcomed.
To learn more about how City Roots Hospitality can introduce innovation and inclusivity to your next event, explore our menu options and reach out for a quote today!
Full Service / Drop-off Catering / Request a Quote
Beautiful Vegan “Salmon Patties” Recipe
If you’re looking for a tasty, nutritionally sound way to satisfy every member of your next gathering, look no further! With its hearty base of rice, seafood-inspired flavors, and protein-rich chickpeas, this fully-homemade vegan salmon patty recipe checks off all the boxes in the best way possible.
Topped with a light, dill “cream” sauce and easily served alongside an assortment of fresh-cut veggies, these patties are sure to become the highlight of your next tea party, bachelorette brunch, or reception dinner!
Don’t be daunted by the long list of ingredients. This deceptively easy dish takes little more than thirty minutes to assemble!
- 1/4 cup of cooked and refrigerated brown rice
- 1/4 cup of cooked and refrigerated white rice
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats
- 1 15 oz can of chickpeas
- 3 heart of palms logs, drained and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup of vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of flaxseed meal
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of tahini
- 1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 teaspoons of white rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 2 tablespoons of Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoons of fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon of fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh dill (chopped)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Slice of cucumber (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine the following spices and herbs: garlic powder, onion powder, Old Bay Seasoning, sweet paprika, parsley, thyme, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Combine the cooked rice and oats in a food processor. Pulse until they are slightly broken up but not fully mashed. Add the now-mixed spices and herbs, along with the chickpeas, heart of palm, vinegar, flaxseed, nutritional yeast flakes, lemon juice, and tahini. Pulse together in the food processor until all the ingredients are fully combined and stick together.
- Using your hands, remove this mixture from the food processor and combine them into a large ball. Divide the ball into eight smaller sections, roll, and flatten it to shape it into patties. Each patty should be roughly 1 inch thick. Lay these patties across a baking sheet, then bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for roughly thirty minutes, flipping halfway.
- As the patties cook, create the dill sauce by combining the vegan mayonnaise, lime, and fresh dill in a small bowl. Whip together and then refrigerate until just before serving.
- To prepare these bite-sized appetizers with a flair, add a small dollop of dill sauce to the surface of each patty, then garnish with an additional sprig of fresh dill. For even more visual appeal, serve either alongside or on top of a fresh slice of chilled cucumber.
Vegan Hors D’oeuvres from City Roots Hospitality
While every guest is bound to appreciate the homemade touch of freshly prepared, homemade dishes, there’s no substitute for the expertise and ease of professional catering. Once you’ve made a few of your own bite-sized additions to the reception spread, allow City Roots Hospitality to remove the pressure from your shoulders by providing the perfect, hand-prepared appetizers and Hors D’oeuvres.
Your guests will adore the chance to choose from options like:
- Balsamic beet stacks with shaved pistachio and vegan “feta”
- Fresh, vegan versions of sushi classics from Beyond Sushi
- Cucumber roll-ups with whipped “ricotta,” capers, and dill
- “Mozzarella” caprese finger sandwiches
No matter the tone of your event– whether you’re hoping for the party of the year or just a cozy get-together– City Roots Hospitality has your back! To learn more, explore our website or reach out for a quote today!