On a foggy, rainy evening, is there anything more comforting than a bowl of deliciously creamy soup? For those following a cruelty-free lifestyle, a truly thick, creamy soup may seem out of reach, but with help from City Roots, you can relish that delicious texture without sacrificing any of your ideals.
City Roots Hospitality has made it our mission to provide nutritious, wholesome vegan food to the great city of New York and beyond. If you’re craving a warm bowl of soup that will satisfy your hunger without leaving you wanting, look no further than this delicious roasted cauliflower soup recipe.
Whether you are looking for a caterer, a venue, or just a spectacular meal, City Roots is here to serve you. To learn more about what our restaurant family has to offer, explore any of our menus or reach out for a quote today.
Full Service / Drop-off Catering / Request a Quote
Preparation Tips from City Roots
Before starting this easy recipe, it’s important to look ahead and make sure you have all the necessary know-how to make the most of this delicious vegan meal. Read on to find out our favorite tips for preparing and enjoying this wholesome soup!
Take Advantage of Soup For Weekly Meal Prep
If you are interested in an easy meal to add to your weekly meal prep routine, this vegan roasted cauliflower soup may be the perfect meal for you.
Made from only fresh, wholesome ingredients, this soup has all the creaminess of a typical potato soup without any of the dairy ingredients. Once frozen, this soup is good for two to three months. Simply allow your cooked soup to fully cool, pre-proportion into airtight containers, and stick them in the freezer until necessary. It’s also a great option for lunch in the office.
Invest in an Immersion Blender
If you find yourself often craving homemade soups or smooth pasta sauces, you may find it best to invest in an immersion blender.
Unlike other blenders, which often require you to separate and cool ingredients prior to use, an immersion blender allows ease of use and clean-up. Simply place the stick deep into your pot and allow the blender to quickly and easily complete the work for you.
Roasted Cauliflower Soup Recipe
Without further ado, enjoy this wholesome and filling roasted cauliflower soup from City Roots!
- 1 large white onion, diced finely
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 2 medium potatoes, cubed
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon chopped cashews
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. As the oven preheats, chop cauliflower head into medium-sized florets, roughly two inches in length each. Toss florets in olive oil, arrange on a baking tray and sprinkle with cumin, salt, and pepper. Once the oven has reached the target temperature, roast the cauliflower until it is almost fully cooked. This process should take roughly 20 to 30 minutes.
- In a large soup pot, heat your vegan butter until melted. Sautéewhite onions until they have slightly browned. Add diced potatoes and briefly sautée with garlic salt. Cover the potatoes with vegetable stock and simmer until potatoes are thoroughly softened.
- Remove the cooked cauliflower florets from the oven. First, remove roughly one cup of cooked cauliflower, then add all remaining florets to the soup. Using an immersion blender, combine all ingredients and allow to simmer until the flavors fully meld together.
- Add all remaining seasonings, then stir in the reserved cup of roasted cauliflower florets. Adjust proportions for taste as necessary.
- Before dining, sprinkle each bowl with a pinch of cashews for a nutty flavor and interesting textural contrast. Enjoy!
Dining with the Experts – City Roots
Want all the delicious, filling flavor without all the prep? No problem! Head to any of the restaurants in the City Roots Hospitality family to find exactly the meal you are looking for. At City Roots, we take pride in providing wholesome, delicious vegan food across the city. With a diverse array of restaurants to choose from, you can rest assured that you’ll find the type of cuisine you’re looking for – without sacrificing flavor!
For your next event, consider turning to City Roots Catering. We offer catering options designed to please even the pickiest guest. Every item on our menu is designed with wholesome, clean comfort in mind. Whether carnivore, vegan, gluten-free, kosher or anywhere in between, your guests will leave your event full and satisfied.
Reach out today for a quote.