Dedicated followers of a vegan lifestyle are likely all-too-familiar with the plain, boring salad frequently offered as the only veggie-based option. Though there is nothing wrong with a classic bowl of greens and balsamic vinegar, it can get tiresome being presented with the same choice from every dinner party. For your next event, consider bringing your own unique addition to the party: this vegan roasted cauliflower salad from the experts at City Roots Hospitality.
At City Roots, we care about the health of your body, your community, and the environment we all enjoy. We specialize in options that make a vegan lifestyle as easy as it is delicious.
To learn more about how City Roots Hospitality can introduce innovation and inclusivity to your next event, explore our menu options and reach out for a quote today!
Vegan Roasted Cauliflower Salad Recipe
This vegan roasted cauliflower salad recipe goes beyond the norm. With its blend of warm, cooked ingredients and crisp raw veggies, it carries a burst of flavor, nutrition, and deliciously unexpected blends of textures. Best of all, the base layer of quinoa makes this a salad guaranteed to leave you full and satisfied for hours.
Whether you hope for a new potluck recipe or just a filling lunch on the go, try this roasted cauliflower salad recipe!
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 cup of chickpeas
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 4 yellow or orange bell peppers
- 1 1/2 cup of cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups of cooked quinoa
- 3 cups of your favorite mixed salad greens
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Core your cauliflower head and chop it into bite-sized florets. Toss these in olive oil, salt, and pepper, then arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Toss your chickpeas in the remaining olive oil and season with cumin and paprika. Arrange in a single layer on a second baking sheet. Both chickpeas and cauliflower can be roasted together to conserve energy and make the most of your time. This process should take between 20 and 30 minutes, but can easily be adjusted depending on your personal preference.
- As your cooked ingredients roast in the oven, thinly slice your yellow or orange bell peppers. These will provide the burst of crisp flavor and pop of color that makes this salad such a treat.
- Take roasted cauliflower and chickpeas from the oven and allow them to cool for at least ten to fifteen minutes. This step is incredibly important! Combining your cooked and uncooked vegetables too quickly can result in soggy salad greens and a loss of overall presentation.
- Combine all your vegetables with your cooked quinoa, then drizzle with your favorite vegan dressing. Because this salad already contains so much flavor, we suggest keeping it simple with a layer of extra virgin olive oil and a dash of lemon juice. Enjoy!
Nutrition Behind the Meal
With a nutritious blend of proteins, carbs, and healthy fats, this simple salad fits easily into any balanced diet. The addition of quinoa and roasted chickpeas round out this salad as a filling, protein-packed meal!
In today’s health-conscious world, cauliflower has gained a reputation as the ideal substitute for heavy carbs. With only 27 calories per cup, this vegetable contains close to no fats or sodium. This being said, cauliflower has so much more to offer.
With 2.7 grams of protein per serving, roughly half the recommended daily vitamin C, and a blend of B vitamins, this veggie offers a big nutritious punch in a condensed package. For more recipes utilizing this amazing nutritional powerhouse, check out this easy recipe guide.
Nutritious Dining with City Roots
Craving a balanced vegan meal but don’t feel like spending time in the kitchen? City Roots Hospitality is here to help!
With easy drop-off catering options, you’ll have no problem picking up what you need for your next dinner party, family gathering, or special event. Take advantage of the easy options from City Roots Hospitality, and never leave an event hungry again! Reach out today for a quote.
In addition to offering extensive catering options, every restaurant in our family offers exclusively vegan, highly nutritious meals made from only the freshest ingredients. Whether you are craving cauliflower wings from Beyond Sushi, an almond “ricotta” bruschetta from Coletta, or Willow’s completely vegan caesar salad, you’ll find your fix with help from City Roots Hospitality.