At many parties, it’s natural to see guests gravitate toward the fanciest, most unique flavor combinations. At specifically cozy, intimate gatherings– small wedding parties or birthday celebrations– it’s not unusual to see hosts treat their guests to comfort foods, providing a taco bar or mashed potato station. However, at a City Roots Hospitality party, your guests can enjoy the best of both worlds with elevated treats like this inspired vegan quesadilla recipe!
With help from City Roots Hospitality, any amount of experience is enough to create a delicious cruelty-free offering! We take pride in our ability to help guests bring jaw-dropping flavor to every bite of their fully vegan menu. Read on to enjoy a vegan quesadilla recipe, elevated with an assortment of decadent, mouthwatering dip options.
To learn more about all that City Roots Hospitality brings to the table, check out our online catering menus and reach out for a quote today! Visit our website to explore any of the inspired, entirely vegan restaurants in our family.
Full Service / Drop-off Catering / Request a Quote
Vegan Quesadilla Recipe
Who says comfort food can’t be fancy? With mouthwatering options like this vegan quesadilla, no guest at your gathering will leave unimpressed!
Rather than relying on vegan cheeses, which are notoriously difficult to get to the proper melting point, this vegan quesadilla recipe instructs hopeful chefs on creating a creamy vegan cheese substitute with all the flavor and the ideal creamy texture to highlight its black bean filling.
Simply break out your food processor, grab your ingredients, and get cooking!
- 8 vegan tortillas
- 1 15-ounce can of black beans, drained
- 1 1/2 cups of raw cashews
- 1/4 cup of nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons of fresh salsa
- Soak the cashews in water overnight, allowing them to swell and absorb as much as possible. If you don’t have time for a long, overnight soak, you can submerge these cashews in boiling water for an hour for a similar effect.
- Remove the cashews from the water and place them into a food processor. Blend until they’ve taken on a creamy, almost buttery texture. This process may take as long as four or five minutes.
- Add the spices, salt, nutritional yeast, and salsa. Continue blending until all the ingredients are fully combined and have the texture of a traditional cheese sauce. If the substance seems dry, you may add a few additional spoonfuls of salsa, until it has achieved the desired texture.
- Bring a large pan to medium heat over the stove. Though this is an oil-free recipe, you may prepare the pan with a drizzle of vegetable oil for a crispier exterior.
- Spread your vegan cheese sauce over a quesadilla, then sprinkle with black beans. Top with another tortilla, then press it down. Heat the quesadilla in the pan until the exterior is crispy and the contents are warmed.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the quesadilla into smaller, easily snackable portions. Place these slices on a decorative tray around small cups of your favorite dips for an elevated presentation.
Vegan Quesadilla Dip Options
Why mess with a classic?
There is a reason that so many diners– vegan or otherwise– choose to enjoy their Mexican-style rice, quesadillas, or tamales with a hearty serving of salsa on top. Chilled and packed with natural, fresh veggie flavor, salsa serves as the perfect contrast to the crisp, steaming quesadilla servings.
To create a fresh, eye-popping addition to your quesadilla tray, simply whip up a side of this fan favorite.
Though plenty of mixes are available in the grocery store, there’s no substitute for a completely homemade option. Cut and smash a ripe avocado, then mix with finely chopped tomato, onion, and jalapeno. You need a squirt of fresh lime juice and a chunky salt sprinkle to finish.
Vegan Cheese Sauce
Craving a bit more of that authentic cheesy flavor? Simply make an extra portion of Mexican cheese sauce, then set it to the side for later. To create a spicy kick and separate this flavor from that already present in your quesadillas, add a splash of jalapeno juice from a jar of your favorite pickled jalapenos.
Accessible Comfort Foods, Elevated!
No matter your crowd, the experts at City Roots Hospitality are ready to help make your gathering the easiest, most memorable experience possible! From finger sandwiches to soups or fried buffalo cauliflower pops to chilled cucumber roll-ups, our seemingly endless menu options offer something for everyone.
Reach out today to learn more about what City Roots Hospitality can do for you!