As the weather finally begins to cool and the leaves take on their autumnal colors, New Yorkers have something else to look forward to: the return of pumpkin-flavored foods. From drinks to desserts to even some specially made pasta, pumpkin has quickly become one of the most treasured Fall flavors throughout the nation. Now, with this vegan pumpkin cheesecake recipe from City Roots Hospitality, you can easily enjoy this flavor at your next holiday get-together without sacrificing your cruelty-free ideals.
Professional guidance can be invaluable when it comes to making any event run smoothly, especially in the rush of the holiday season. Still, a few well-chosen, homemade menu items for your dessert table go the extra mile in showing your guests exactly how invested you are in the quality of their time. Show your guests you care with specialty desserts tailored to their dietary needs. For unique recipes and professional catering, turn to the professionals at City Roots Hospitality.
City Roots Hospitality prides itself on helping New Yorkers create memories in the most delicious way possible. Curious to learn more about what our professional party planners bring to the table? Reach out to begin planning the rest of your spectacular vegan menu.
Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe
What is it about the flavor of pumpkin that so perfectly pairs with a Fall chill?
Decadent, savory, and perfectly suited to the most traditional holiday flavors– cinnamon, nutmeg, and brown sugar– pureed pumpkin elevates most flavors while also adding a cozy, wholesome feel. As such, it makes for the perfect centerpiece for your next dessert table.
The naturally creamy texture of pureed pumpkin pairs perfectly with the silky goodness you may expect from a vegan cheesecake. Though most vegan baking can be a bit of a challenge, City Roots Hospitality is ready to ease those pain points.
Follow this easy guide, and give your holiday guests the gift of a mouthwatering, cruelty-free dessert.
- 2 cups of graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons of vegan butter
- 2 tablespoons of vegan brown sugar
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 24 ounces of vegan cream cheese
- 1 can of pumpkin puree
- 3 1/2 tablespoons of ground flax meal
- 2/3 cup of warm water
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons of pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Begin by preparing your cruelty-free crust; preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Melt the vegan butter, and while still warm, mix with your brown sugar. Combine this with the graham cracker crumbs. Using either your hands or a spatula, turn this mixture over until you have a dry, crumbly dough.
- Press this dough into the sides of a pie pan. Bake this crust in the oven for seven minutes.
- Next, prepare your flax “eggs.” Mix the flax meal with warm water, whisking until completely combined. Set this aside for around five minutes until the mixture takes on an “egglike” texture.
- In a food processor, combine the vegan cream cheese and flax “eggs.” Pulse until they are fully softened. Then, add the sugar, pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, pumpkin spice, and lemon juice. Blend until all the ingredients are creamy, smooth, and fully combined.
- Pour this mixture into your pie crust, and then return it to the oven. Bake until the sides have gently browned. This should take around 45 to 50 minutes.
- After removing the cream cheese from the oven, allow it to cool completely to room temperature before serving. Cut it as you would any pie, and enjoy every creamy, delicious slice.
Cruelty-free Desserts with Help From City Roots Hospitality
At City Roots Hospitality, we have a simple goal: help you provide your guests with the most memorable experience possible, without sacrificing their culinary goals in the process!
Whether your guests are kosher, vegan, or simply hoping for an unforgettable meal, they’re sure to get what they need through the help of City Roots Hospitality catering.
They’ll adore the chance to snack on such delicately sweetened options as our:
- Green tea donuts served with a rosemary, pistachios, and citrus glaze
- Red velvet cupcakes with vanilla frosting and beet crisps
- S’mores bites with graham cracker crumbs, mini marshmallows, and semi-sweet chocolate
- Lemon almond cake filled with cashew cream and halva, drizzled with strawberry coulis
No matter your crowd, the experts at City Roots Hospitality are ready with the help you need to fully stock your event with as many inclusive options as you need. Reach out today to learn more about what City Roots Hospitality can do for you!