What is any summer-time gathering without a generous serving of potato salad? This season, don’t feel pressured to choose between your moral compass and your cravings; simply take advantage of this vegan potato salad recipe to enjoy all the flavor with none of the compromises!
At City Roots Hospitality, our mission statement goes beyond empty words. We care about more than profit; we care about the health of your body, your community, and the environment we all enjoy. In each of the world-class establishments in our restaurant family, we specialize in serving up choices that showcase exactly how flavorful and simple a vegan lifestyle can be.
For years, City Roots Hospitality has made catering available to the New York area; now, with help from our exclusive vegan recipes, we extend that reach even further, helping smooth the path to the event of your dreams! To learn more about how City Roots Hospitality can introduce innovation and inclusivity to your next function, explore our menu options and reach out for a quote today.
Easy Vegan Potato Salad
Old-fashioned potato salad is a Southern classic every bit as rich as it is filling. Unfortunately, this picnic favorite most often comes packed with ingredients that earn it a place on the “do not indulge” list for many vegans and vegetarians. Between the egg-based mayonnaise and the bacon bits, many practitioners of a cruelty-free lifestyle see this as a dish to stay away from.
With the help of this easy, delicious vegan potato salad recipe, you’ll soon be able to enjoy as much of this crowd-pleasing favorite as you’d like, completely free of worry or guilt! What’s more, by replacing many of the artery-clogging ingredients of classic potato salad with healthier alternatives, the minds behind our catering staff have managed to create a fresh, nutritious dish worthy of the City Roots Hospitality stamp of approval.
- 5 pounds of Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 cup of diced celery
- 1 cup of green onions
- 1 cup of vegan mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons of whole-grain mustard
- 3 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped sweet pickles
- 1/2 teaspoon of celery seeds
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Begin by washing and peeling the potatoes. Cut them in half, then boil them in salted water for about ten to fifteen minutes or until they are softened fully. Remove the potatoes from the water, and set them aside to cool.
- Once the potatoes are cooled, cut them into bite-sized cubes, roughly a half inch each.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper, and celery salt. Stir until fully combined, then taste. Adjust the proportions however you please to create your own perfect blend of flavors.
- In a large bowl, carefully toss the potatoes, onion, pickles, and celery. Drizzle your homemade dressing over the top of the potato salad, and continue carefully stirring to combine thoroughly.
- Cover the potato salad in the refrigerator for at least two hours before serving, allowing the flavors to fully meld. This side dish should be good for at least five days, so enjoy this dish at your leisure! Prep beforehand to make the day of your party a breeze.
We kept this fresh, easy recipe as simple as possible so, though it may be delicious on its own, you can spruce up this dish with your own flair! Add thinly sliced radishes, vegan bacon bits, or– controversially– raisins to truly make the most of this crowd-pleasing Southern dish.
Easy Breezy Party Planning with City Roots Hospitality
Hoping to contribute to your party but don’t feel like spending time in the kitchen? City Roots Hospitality is here, and we are ready to help!
No matter your event, City Roots Hospitality has options. With easy drop-off catering delivery, you’ll have no problem picking up what you need for your next dinner party, family gathering, or event. Take advantage of the easy options from City Roots Hospitality, and never leave an event hungry again!
Got something bigger in mind? No problem! Our full-service catering comes complete with everything you need to bring your wedding, shower, or corporate function to the next level. Reach out today for a quote.
In addition to offering extensive catering options, every restaurant in our family offers exclusively vegan, highly nutritious meals made from only the freshest ingredients. Whether you are craving cauliflower wings from Beyond Sushi, an almond “ricotta” bruschetta from Coletta, Anixi’s hot or cold vegan mezze, or Willow’s completely vegan caesar salad, you’ll find your fix with help from City Roots Hospitality.