Whether you’re hoping for an alternative to a bachelorette party or a beautiful start to a baby shower, few events feel classier than a simple, elegant tea party. Though tea is– of course– the highlight of the event, it’s vital to also take care in selecting the best desserts, those bright enough to enhance the natural flavors but sweet enough to take away the naturally bitter taste of hot black tea. Consider whipping up this delicious vegan lemon tart recipe at your next event.
At City Roots Hospitality, we know how to throw a party. When throwing an event of any size, it’s important that your menu be a representation of yourself, your ideals, and your unique personality. Stick to your compassionate, vegan roots, and allow City Roots Hospitality the honor of hosting an event that every guest– vegetarian, kosher, or just in love with a good meal– can appreciate!
Now, with the help of easy at-home recipes, you can add your flair to any party, all without sacrificing your values! To learn more about how City Roots Hospitality can introduce innovation and inclusivity to your next event, explore our menu options and reach out for a quote today!
Vegan Lemon Tart Recipe
Sweet, tart, and brightened with natural lemon juice, this tart is sure to become the highlight of your next tea party. Formed on a foundation of sweet coconut cream, this vegan rendition of the classic lemon tart has all the rich, delicate flavor, all completely cruelty-free!
Vegan baking has a reputation for being a bit of a challenge, but luckily, even a beginner should have no problem tackling this easy, delicious recipe. Simply break out your food processor, grab your ingredients, and get started.
- 1/3 cup of vegan butter
- 1 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of cold water
- 2 cups of canned coconut cream
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup of cornstarch
- 1/2 cup of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a food processor, combine the flour, coconut sugar, water, and vegan butter. Pulse the blade until the ingredients have mixed and fully combined, taking on a dough-like texture. If the ingredients don’t stick together properly, carefully add a small amount of water until it reaches the desired texture.
- Roll the dough over a lightly floured surface until it is the proper size to form the base of your tart. Press the dough into the bottom of your tart pan, trimming off any excess that appears over the sides. Use a fork to stab a series of small holes in the center of the tart crust.
- Bake the crust for around twelve minutes in an oven preheated to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Once finished, remove the crust from the oven and set it aside to cool.
- Add all remaining ingredients to a saucepan and slowly bring to medium-low heat. Whisk constantly until the cornstarch is fully dissolved and evenly dispersed throughout the liquid.
- Slowly bring the mixture up to medium-high heat, and cook it for around eight minutes. Whisk constantly. If lumps appear, you may either carefully remove them or blend them smoothly using a stick blender.
- Pour the thickened mixture into your cooked tart crust, and then place the tart in the refrigerator. Allow it to cool there for a minimum of two to three hours.
- Once your tart is complete, feel free to get creative! Experiment with your homemade jam topping, or keep it simple with fresh fruit and vegan whipped cream.
Sweet Surprises with City Roots Hospitality
Looking to keep things simple during this holiday rush? Leave the baking to the experts, and allow City Roots Hospitality to remove the stress from your plate entirely.
As part of our full catering service, you’ll have access to whatever sweet surprises your guests could possibly desire! They’ll love the chance to choose from such options as:
- Green tea donuts, flavored with rosemary, pistachios, and a fresh citrus glaze
- Red velvet cupcakes served with fresh vanilla frosting and crunchy beet crisps
- S’mores bites, complete with graham cracker crumbs, vegan mini marshmallows, and semi-sweet chocolate
- Lemon almond cake filled with cashew cream and halva, drizzled with strawberry coulis