All too often, a vegan life is equated to being one of “sacrifice.” Rather than seeing all the fresh flavors available through a cruelty-free diet, onlookers focus on what these diners are excluded from: harmful meats, dairy, and other animal products. Thankfully, we have the solutions for this. Enjoy this vegan lemon cheesecake recipe as just one example of all the ways that City Roots Hospitality is excited to help your guests make the most of their cruelty-free lives, either through our delicious catering or recipes.
No matter the occasion– whether a simple gathering of friends or an elaborate, elegant wedding reception– City Roots Hospitality stands ready to bring out the best of every moment. No matter your needs, we are ready to help with easy, delicious meal options. Before your next event, take advantage of one of our easy-to-follow recipes to add a personal touch to your dessert table. Then, let us handle the rest!
City Roots Hospitality is bringing easy, delicious catering options to the NYC area near you.
Explore our menus and reach out today to learn more about how we can help design a menu perfect for any gathering.
The World’s Best Vegan Lemon Cheesecake Recipe
There’s just something indescribably delicious about a chilled, beautifully decorated cheesecake. Sweet and fluffy with just a hint of citrus, a single bite is all it takes to elevate a bad day into a good one.
Give your guests an equal chance to savor that wholesome goodness with the world’s best vegan lemon cheesecake recipe.
Though vegan baking can sometimes be as much of an art as a science, even a beginner to the lifestyle can make the most of this recipe. Simply gather your ingredients, roll up your sleeves, and get to cooking!
- 1 package of firm tofu
- 1 cup of coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 8 ounces of dairy-free cream cheese alternative
- 1 teaspoon of almond extract
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1 cup of raw almonds
- 3 tablespoons of cane sugar
- 4 tablespoons of coconut oil
- To begin this recipe, prepare your homemade vegan crust. In a food processor, combine the rolled oats, almonds, and cane sugar. Pulse on a high speed until they’ve been reduced to a fine, crumbly texture.
- Warm the coconut oil and drizzle it into the mixture. Continue pulsing until the ingredients have combined into a slightly dry, crumbly dough.
- Line an 8 by 8 baking dish with parchment paper, and preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. As the oven preheats, carefully press the dough into the bottom of the pan, using your fingers to press it into a hard crust.
- Place the crust into the oven, and bake it for around 15 minutes.
- Clean the food processor. Combine the tofu, sugar, and dairy-free cream cheese in the food processor and pulse together until they are reduced to a paste. This process may take around five minutes, long enough for the sugar granules to fully reduce.
- In a separate bowl, combine the lemon juice and almond extract. Then, whisk in the cornstarch until it is fully dissolved. Combine this mixture with the tofu blend in the food processor, and continue pulsing until your “batter” is complete.
- Once the pie crust cooks, remove it from the oven and fill it with your “cheesecake batter.” Place this back in the oven, and allow the cheesecake to cook for around 45 minutes.
- Remove the vegan cheesecake from the oven and allow it to cool. Once it reaches room temperature, move it to the refrigerator for at least two hours to set.
- From here, your cheesecake is nearly ready to enjoy! Simply take the time to decorate it with fresh berries, a gentle drizzle of vegan chocolate, or whatever other flavors strike your fancy. To bring out more of the citrus flavor, a pinch of lemon zest and peel adds an outstanding flavor and a subtle hint of attractive flair.
Enjoying Desserts from City Roots Hospitality
Whether you’re planning an elegant wedding, a relaxed working lunch, or a friendly cocktail party among friends, City Roots Hospitality has what you need. The creativity and innovation obvious in every bite will satisfy your guests, whether they are vegan, kosher, or simply appreciate a delicious meal.
Reach out for a quote, and let us help you plan a menu that every guest will remember long after they finish the last bite!