No matter how “grown up” you may consider yourself, there’s just something fun and whimsical about the idea of a tea party. It’s a perfect excuse to sit with friends, enjoy pleasant conversation, sample new beverages, and– best of all– indulge in sweet, rich desserts. Whether you’re planning a classy bachelorette brunch, high tea event, or just want to treat yourself, this vegan fruit tart recipe is undoubtedly the way to go.
Built on a light, flaky crust and adorned with a brilliant display of sliced fruit, this vegan fruit tart is both the perfect centerpiece and the ideal dessert for any occasion. Naturally sweet without being overwhelming, it gracefully manages the delicate line of entertaining guests without loading the taste buds with sugar.
As always, trust the expert minds behind the City Roots Hospitality menu to provide the best advice and most delicious recipes in keeping with the cruelty-free lifestyle. To learn more or simply find inspiration for your next meal, explore our website for more information, or look at any of the options on our catering menus.
The Ideal Vegan Fruit Tart Recipe
Though vegan baking has a reputation for being a bit of a challenge, this vegan fruit tart recipe keeps things as simple as possible. By relying only on healthy, plant-based oils and natural sugars, this tart avoids the trap of feeling overly sticky or artificially sweet.
The background of vegan custard and yogurt creates a soft, creamy taste without dairy. Meanwhile, the finished product serves as the ideal canvas to create a masterpiece of your own design!
In this recipe, we include a list of our favorite fruits. For your own edition, however, we suggest taking this as an opportunity to truly make this dish your own! Experiment with all the possibilities. Select your very favorite fruits, and work to create a stunning artistic design to top your vegan fruit tart.
- 3 1/2 cups of plain, white flour
- 3 tablespoons of coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 of a stick of vegan butter
- 2 tablespoons of oat milk
- 2 cups of coconut whipping cream
- 1/2 cup of coconut custard
- 1/2 cup of vegan yogurt
- 1/2 cup of desired jam or preserves
- Fresh fruit (suggested: strawberries, kiwi, blueberries, and blackberries)
- To begin this recipe, make your dough. In a food processor or blender, thoroughly combine flour, sugar, vegan butter, salt, and oat milk. Blend until everything has thoroughly combined and formed a loose dough. Using your hands, form this dough into a ball. Cover the dough, then allow it to chill in the fridge as you preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using a rolling pin or any wine bottle, roll out the dough until it is just slightly larger than your tart tin. Overlay the dough into the tin, using a knife to carefully scrape away as much excess product as possible.
- Stab the bottom of the dough a few times to create a series of small holes. Then, bake the dough for around twenty minutes, or until it has reached a light golden brown.
- As the crust bakes, combine the coconut custard, vegan yogurt, and coconut whipping cream into a bowl. Whisk thoroughly until all ingredients have combined into a single, fluffy filling.
- Fill your tart crust with this filling, then chill in the fridge for no less than three hours.
- Now comes the fun. Slice your fruit and begin arranging it as you please! As soon as the decoration is complete, your delicious, homemade vegan tart is ready to be served.
Sweet Delights with City Roots Hospitality
Though any experienced vegan will be the first to proclaim the joys and challenges of vegan baking, for your next major event, turn to the expert caterers at City Roots Hospitality.
Both our full catering service and delivery menus come with more than enough options to keep every guest fully, happy, and bragging about the quality of care in your event. Watch as everyone– from the pickiest carnivore to the most lactose intolerant– indulges in sweet delights like:
- Classic chocolate chip cookies, a guaranteed crowd pleaser
- Black sesame avocado cookies, your new favorite twist on this classic
- Mini cheesecakes, in two choices of ube or vanilla
- Farm fresh seasonal fruit