The passing of time seems to bring an expectation that we all leave behind the little joys of our childhood, setting them down in exchange for newfound responsibilities. Just because adulthood comes with challenges, that doesn’t mean it must always come with compromises! The next time you need a treat after a hard day, take advantage of this mouthwatering vegan donuts recipe.
After perfecting this easy recipe, share the joy with your loved ones at your next party or gathering! While professional guidance can be priceless, a few well-chosen, homemade menu items can add a special, personalized touch to your dessert table. Fill your table with a unique combination of family treats and main pieces with vegan catering that cares!
City Roots Hospitality prides itself on helping people across this great city celebrate in the healthiest, most inclusive way possible. Read on to learn one of the most delicious ways to customize your appetizer table. Next, don’t hesitate to reach out to begin planning the rest of your menu!
Easy Vegan Donuts Recipe
Whether this is a last-minute party or one that’s been on the books for a year, you’ll have no problem adding the special touch you’re looking for with this vegan donuts recipe.
Fast, delicious, and far healthier than fried alternatives, these lemon-glazed donuts are a surefire way to impress even your pickiest guest. Gluten-free and vegan, they are just another way to show your dedication to making sure your guests feel recognized, understood, and truly cared for.
Best of all, with just a few sprinkles, colored icing, and creativity, you can take this treat a step further by customizing it, using it as a palette through which to showcase your unique creativity.
- 2 1/2 cups of gluten-free oat flour
- 1/2 cup of ground almond flour
- 2/3 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of oat milk
- 4 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup of coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/3 cup of organic confectioner’s sugar
- Vegan yellow sprinkles (optional)
- 1 whole lemon (optional)
- Start by preparing your kitchen. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. If using a new non-stick 6-donut pan, there is no need to prepare the pan, but otherwise, use a non-stick spray to ensure your soon-to-be-finished donuts come clean.
- In a large bowl, combine the baking soda, salt, baking powder, gluten-free oat flour, and almond flour. Set this to the side.
- In a medium bowl, combine the water and plant milk. Heat them in the microwave until they are slightly above room temperature. This is vital to ensure that the coconut oil remains melted even after combining it with the wet ingredients!
- Add two teaspoons of the lemon juice, lemon zest, sugar, oil, maple syrup, and vanilla to this bowl, and then whisk them together.
- At this point, you should have two bowls: a large bowl of dry ingredients and a medium bowl of wet ingredients. Slowly start incorporating the wet ingredients into the dry, whisking as you go to rid the batter of any flour patches.
- Carefully pour the batter into your donut pans. No rush! Much of what makes these donuts the perfect appetizer is their beautiful appearance. As you go, tap the side of the pans to help neatly shake out any air bubbles that may have gotten trapped in the batter. Bake the donuts for around thirteen minutes, or until they’ve reached a golden brown.
- After removing the donuts from the oven, allow them to cool completely before attempting to remove them from the pan. Allow them to sit on a cooling rack as you prepare for the next step.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the confectioner’s sugar and remaining lemon juice. If it is still a bit thick, feel free to loosen it further with a small drizzle of water. Glaze your donuts.
- From here, all that is left is to decorate! A fun sprinkling of vegan sprinkles or thinly sliced lemon is a beautiful way to garnish your donuts with a gorgeous, tasty finish.
Mouthwatering Desserts with City Roots Hospitality
Need inspiration for your dessert table? No problem! Simply take a glance through the list of mouthwatering vegan desserts available with City Roots Hospitality. From green tea donuts to delicate red velvet cupcakes, our seemingly endless menu options offer something for everyone.
Reach out today to learn more about what City Roots Hospitality can do for you!