Is there any more “classic” party food than a cupcake? In the age of social media, this dessert’s popularity has only grown! Sweet, customizable, and easy to eat while enjoying company, cupcakes are a fantastic way for hosts to showcase their creative nature while appealing to their guest’s needs. By preparing a variety of cupcakes– including various flavors and respect towards food allergies– a host can show their guests how much they care. Now, with this vegan cupcakes recipe, you can give your party guests the option to indulge in their favorite dessert, cruelty-free!
With help from City Roots Hospitality, even a beginner to the vegan lifestyle can create mouthwatering cruelty-free desserts! We take pride in our ability to help guests bring jaw-dropping flavor to every bite of their fully vegan menu. Read on to enjoy a vegan cupcake recipe, along with a few tips on how to elevate this simple dessert option.
To learn more about all that City Roots Hospitality brings to the table, check out our online catering menus and reach out for a quote today! Visit our website to explore any of the inspired, entirely vegan restaurants.
Full Service / Drop-off Catering / Request a Quote
Vanilla Vegan Cupcakes Recipe
This simple vegan recipe is the ideal jumping-off point to flex your own creativity! Consider this basic recipe a roadmap; from here, use the easy tips that follow to personalize it to your guest’s liking.
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of white granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup of coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of oat milk
- 1/2 cup of canola oil
- 1 tablespoon of white vinegar
- 3 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of vegan butter (room temperature)
- 4 cups of powdered sugar
- To start, prepare your kitchen space. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a cupcake tray with your favorite recycled paper liners.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, coconut sugar, granulated sugar, and salt.
- Combine the vegan milk, vanilla extract, white vinegar, and oil in a small mixing bowl.
- Working slowly, combine the wet and dry ingredients. Use a whisk to stir the ingredients together until smooth, with a few lumps.
- Dispense the batter between the cupcake liners. This recipe is portioned to make twelve large cupcakes or sixteen smaller cupcakes.
- Bake the cupcakes for around 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into each cupcake emerges clean. When the cupcakes are fully cooked, place them on a cooling rack and allow them to cool fully before icing.
- As the cupcakes cool, prepare the icing! In a medium mixing bowl, combine the vegan butter and powdered sugar. If using an electric mixer, begin mixing on low speed, and then slowly increase the speed until the icing is whipped to your preference. If whisking by hand, use a large fork or spatula, lean the bowl on its side, and whip the icing as quickly as possible.
- Time for the fun! Choose your favorite flavors, toppings, or vegan dyes, and start decorating your vegan cupcakes.
Easy Vegan Cupcakes Decorations Ideas
A stunning decoration doesn’t have to be complicated. By delicately inserting a thin slice of strawberry, a sprinkling of fresh blueberries, or a fresh raspberry into your vegan cupcake’s icing, you can add a burst of fresh flavor while also adding a touch of elegance to your display!
For bonus points, feel free to add a splash of the chosen fruit’s juice or puree to the homemade icing as you mix it. What better way to add a natural hint of soft color to your cupcake?
Vegan Sprinkles and Dyes
When it comes to adding basic, store-bought decorations to your cupcake, tread lightly. Though sprinkles and dyes don’t typically contain animal by-products, they are often made of chemicals that benefit from animal testing.
To be sure that your sprinkles and food dyes are cruelty-free, check with the manufacturer. Alternatively, take this as an opportunity to experiment even further and make your very own from scratch, using wholesome, fresh ingredients.
Though most processed chocolates contain dairy, cocoa powder is completely vegan and perfectly safe! Either mix this flavor enhancer directly into your icing or sprinkle it on top for a delicate and delicious decoration.
Unforgettable Desserts with City Roots Hospitality
Don’t have time to fully flex your creative muscle? No problem! Keep your dessert table fully stocked with unforgettable, inclusive desserts with help from City Roots Hospitality!
For information about how City Roots Hospitality can cater your next event, reach out today for a quote!