It may be true that the traditional “wedding cake” is among the crowning centerpieces of any reception, but this doesn’t mean it is the only way to celebrate the big day. By providing your guests with other dessert options, you allow them the freedom to choose how they most want to end the night, selecting from a range of tasty options and saving more of the cake for the big couple. Before the big day, consider this vegan chocolate tart recipe to build the dessert table into something truly memorable!
At City Roots Hospitality, we understand all the intricate steps that go into planning a successful event. From helping provide the venue to assembling the ideal menu, we specialize in guiding our clients through their ideal party, taking on all the stress so they don’t have to!
With a range of delicious vegan recipes designed to enhance any evening, City Roots Hospitality is making it easier than ever to add your own special touch. To learn more about what we bring to the table, explore our inclusive menu options and reach out for a quote today!
Homemade Vegan Chocolate Tart Recipe
Sweet without being overpowering, this vegan chocolate tart was designed with variety in mind. Because the bulk of the sweetness comes from fruits, the overall product is the ideal contrast to the light, sugary sweetness of the traditional wedding cake.
Best of all, because this treat requires cooling time, it is the perfect “fix it before, serve as you like” option for a busy couple on the go. Made completely without dairy, this delicious tart will keep every guest happy, whether they be vegan, lactose-intolerant, or just interested in exploring the world through new flavors.
- 1 1/2 cups of pitted dates
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup pistachios
- 2 tablespoons of agave nectar or maple syrup
- 12 ounces of vegan dark chocolate
- 1 cup of oat milk
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1 cup of fresh raspberries
- 1 cup of strawberries
- Vegan whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the shelled walnuts and pistachios in a food processor and blend until they are fully combined. It’s important to take your time with this process; don’t stop until the nuts have been ground to a fine powder!
- Add the agave nectar and pitted dates to the food processor and blend until thoroughly combined. The finished product should be slightly damp and hold together easily.
- Move the dough to a 9-inch tart pan, pressing it down until it fully covers the bottom and sides of the pan. Bake the crust for around ten minutes. Allow it to cool.
- Place a few inches of water in the bottom of a pot, and then bring it to a simmer. Place a heat-proof bowl over the pot, not allowing it to touch the water. This will create a double-boiler.
- Place your vegan chocolate into the bowl, and slowly stir it until it is smooth and evenly melted. Add the vegan milk and cornstarch, whisking the mixture quickly to ensure it fully combines.
- Pour the mixture into your tart crust. Place your tart in the refrigerator and allow it to cool for a minimum of two hours.
- Now for the fun part! Just before serving, top your tart with fresh fruit and a dollop of your favorite vegan whipped cream. Get creative! Play with the colors and patterns of your fruits until you’ve created a gorgeous, crowd-pleasing display.
Delicious Desserts from City Roots Hospitality
Because the wedding cake itself tends to be such a production, it’s best to keep your other desserts elegant and easy to eat. This is where City Roots Hospitality shines!
We specialize in taking all your favorite classics, using wholly vegan ingredients, and adding our own creative flair. The finished products are elevated to new levels of sophistication, as fun to look at as they are to eat.
Enjoy options such as the City Roots Hospitality:
- Green tea donuts, flavored with rosemary, pistachios, and a homemade citrus glaze
- Red velvet cupcakes with vanilla frosting and beet crisps
- Smores bites with graham cracker crumbs, vegan mini-marshmallows, and semi-sweet chocolate
- Lemon almond cake filled with cashew cream and halva, drizzled with strawberry coulis
- Coconut vanilla panna cotta topped with cardamom and fresh berries