There was once a day when adopting a cruelty-free lifestyle came with a certain level of sacrifice. In changing your diet to one of compassion, you traded away many of the foods and desserts that commonly make up the average NYC diet. No more! With this vegan chocolate cheesecake recipe from City Roots in NYC, you can have your cake and eat it, too.
By creating a few simple items for your dessert table, you can easily add that personal touch every event needs. For unique recipes and professional catering, turn to the professionals at City Roots Hospitality.
City Roots Hospitality prides itself on helping New Yorkers create memories in the most delicious way possible. Curious to learn more about what our professional party planners bring to the table? Reach out to begin planning the rest of your spectacular vegan menu!
Delectable Vegan Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
Looking for the perfect way to add that “something special” to your dessert table? Look no further than this delicious, easy vegan recipe!
Vegan desserts can have a bit of a reputation as not being as good as their non-vegan counterpart. However, by following these easy steps, you’ll be dining on silky, delicate chocolate cheesecake in no time, without fear of breaking from your cruelty-free lifestyle.
Break out your food processor, pick out your favorite wholesome ingredients, and get ready to enjoy cheesecake as you’ve never seen it before!
- 30 Oreo-style cookies
- 4 tablespoons of vegan butter
- 15 ounces of vegan dark chocolate
- 32 ounces of vegan cream cheese
- 2/3 cup of coconut cream
- 1 cup of coconut sugar
- 5 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Coconut oil if needed
- To start this recipe, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a standard 9-inch pie pan with nonstick spray.
- Next, crush your Oreo-style cookies, using a food processor if necessary to create a crumbly consistency. NOTE: While it is not necessary to use an Oreo brand cookie, this is a brand that is somewhat famously vegan. If you select from a different brand, be sure to carefully read the ingredients to make sure that they are free from dairy.
- In a medium bowl, melt the vegan butter. Top with Oreo crumbs and stir until all the crumbs are fully moist and stick lightly together. Press these into the bottom of your pie pan, using your fingers to ensure that they are tightly packed together. Put it to the side as you prepare the rest of your filling!
- Next, it’s time to melt your chocolate. Place your vegan chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave it. Every thirty seconds, remove it from the microwave and stir, then continue. Repeat this process until it is fully melted. If necessary, you may add a small amount of coconut oil to the bowl to help in this process.
- Either in a food processor or medium-sized bowl with a hand mixer, beat the vegan cream cheese until it is loose and smooth. Add the coconut cream, sugar, vanilla, cornstarch, and cinnamon, then continue mixing. As necessary, stop to scrape down the sides.
- When the melted chocolate has cooled to a medium temperature, drizzle it into the bowl with the vegan cheesecake filling. Use a spatula or spoon to carefully combine with the filling.
- Pour the cheesecake filling into the crust, using a spatula to smooth down the top.
- Bake in the oven for roughly an hour, or until a fork inserted into the cheesecake emerges mostly clean. After removing it from the oven, allow it to cool for at least another hour, and then place it in the fridge to cool completely and set overnight.
- Once the cheesecake has been fully set, remove it from the fridge, cut it, and prepare to enjoy every silky bite!
Mouthwatering Desserts from City Roots Hospitality
At City Roots Hospitality, we take our mission seriously: to provide inclusive food that is as good for the planet as it is for your community and health.
In keeping with that mission, we use only the purest, most wholesome ingredients in every one of our signature dishes, from light salads to mouthwatering vegan desserts. When you trust your event with City Roots Hospitality, you know that your guests will leave happy, full, and satisfied.
No matter your crowd, the experts at City Roots Hospitality are ready with the help you need to fully stock your event with as many inclusive options as you need! Reach out today to learn more about what City Roots Hospitality can do for you!