When it comes to cozy sweets, is any dessert more nostalgia-inducing than a warm, filling apple fritter? No matter what the culinary choices of your childhood included, now, everyone can enjoy that same fuzzy feeling with this vegan apple fritter recipe!
Professional guidance can be priceless in helping an event run smoothly, but by creating a few well-chosen, homemade menu items for your dessert table, you can easily add a personal touch to your event. Take the time to show your guests you care with specialty desserts tailored to their specific culinary needs! For unique recipes and professional catering, turn to the professionals at City Roots Hospitality.
City Roots Hospitality prides itself on helping New Yorkers create memories in the most delicious way possible. Curious to learn more about what our professional party planners bring to the table? Reach out to begin planning the rest of your spectacular vegan menu!
Indulgent Vegan Apple Fritters Recipe
Vegan baking may not be the easiest endeavor, but these indulgent vegan apple fritters are well worth the effort.
Soft, fluffy, and made wholesome with chunks of real, juicy apples, these fritters are a dessert your guests won’t soon forget. To truly highlight the flavors of this treat, serve them hot and steaming alongside a generous scoop of your favorite dairy-free ice cream.
Take this recipe one step at a time, and within an hour, you’ll be enjoying your next favorite vegan dessert.
- 3 tablespoons of ground chia seeds
- 5 tablespoons of warm water
- 2 large red delicious apples
- 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of vegan butter
- 3/4 cup of oat milk
- Two teaspoons of soy milk
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons of granulated coconut sugar
- 2/3 cup of powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- Pinch of sea salt
- Enough vegetable oil for frying
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the ground chia seeds and warm water. Whisk them together vigorously, and then set this bowl to the side. The contents will thicken over a short time, creating a perfect egg replacement.
- Peel and core the apples, and then cut the apples into cubes. Toss the cubes in lemon juice and set them to the side.
- In a medium bowl, melt the vegan butter. Add the oat milk and “flax egg,” and then stir together until combined.
- Mix the coconut sugar, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and salt together in a medium bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the wet and dry ingredients. Stir together to form a thick batter, and then stir the cubed apples into the batter.
- Place the apples and batter mixture in the refrigerator to cool and thicken for at least thirty minutes.
- Heat a few inches of oil in a saucepan until it reaches around 350 degrees Fahrenheit. You can test that the oil is ready using a candy thermometer.
- Remove the chilled batter from the refrigerator, and using a small ladle, spoon the batter into the frying oil. Fry the fritters until they are golden brown on each side, and then place the cooked fritters on a cooling rack over a paper towel.
- Give the fritters around ten minutes to cool slightly; this will also drain a bit of the excess oil, providing that slight crunch to the edges.
- As the batter cools, whip together the powdered sugar and soy milk to form the glaze. Carefully drizzle the glaze over the fritters, and enjoy every bite of these delicious vegan desserts!
Wholesome Vegan Desserts with City Roots Hospitality
At City Roots Hospitality, we take our mission seriously: to provide inclusive food that is as good for the planet as it is for your overall well-being!
In the name of reaching that goal, we prepare every item on our extensive catering menu– from light salads to mouthwatering vegan desserts– using only fresh, wholesome ingredients. When you trust your event with City Roots Hospitality, you can trust that your guests will leave happy, full, and satisfied.
No matter your crowd, the experts at City Roots Hospitality is ready with the help you need to fully stock your event with as many inclusive options as you need! Reach out today to learn more about what City Roots Hospitality can do for you!