Few elements are quite as good at setting the tone of an event as a personalized cocktail. A creative, delicious cocktail can be a gorgeous way to tie together the menu and introduce an element of fun. At your next dinner party, reception, or wedding shower, put any of these amazing vegan alcohol drink ideas to use!
No matter the occasion, keep your gathering– and your menu– fresh with advice from the expert event planners at City Roots Hospitality! Don’t settle for liquors and beers made with cheap animal by-products. Treat your guests to the very best with vegan alcohol designed for the purest taste, color, and complexity, all without unnecessary cruelty!
Turn to City Roots Hospitality for your next event to keep that party rolling. Whether you’re hoping to find an amazing venue, an unforgettable caterer, or a service fit for the perfect night, City Roots Hospitality is ready and waiting to help. For more information, peruse our menus or check out our website today!
Vegan Alcohol Ideas, Tips, and Tricks
Ready to get the party started? Grab a notepad, check out our ideas, and brainstorm all the ways you can make the most of your night! With
help from City Roots Hospitality, you’ll have no problem stocking the bar with all the perfect vegan alcohol and ingredients.
Invest in Fresh Herbs
In almost every instance, fresh herbs can make or break the flavor of any dish or drink.
No matter how talented your bartender is, a drink is only as good as its ingredients. Though dried or pureed herbs may carry a similar flavor to their fresh counterparts, they are no comparison when it comes to real flavor. By cutting corners here, you compromise more than just the beauty of the presentation; you compromise the larger consistency, color, and overall impact of every cocktail to leave your bar!
When shopping for fresh ingredients, pick herbs with strong, bold flavors that stand out well in a crowd. Put that parsley back on the shelf in exchange for rosemary, cilantro, and mint.
Some ideas are rosemary for a cranberry-flavored sangria with a splash of champagne instead of wine or sage in a fruity gin and tonic. You can even try ginger and saffron in a mule or thyme in a fruity cider. Experiment with fresh herbs in all your favorites to find a unique cocktail your guests won’t forget.
Tie your Beverage to the Larger Meal
Don’t forget to take full advantage of all a personalized vegan bar offers. Use your beverage to enhance the overall flavors in your menu and set the tone for your event as a whole.
Hoping for a “taco Tuesday” theme at your bachelorette luncheon? Keep the fun times flowing with vegan palomas, margaritas, and beers from south of the border!
Maybe you’re planning on a more elegant gathering fully stocked with vegan cheese, crackers, and other delicate charcuterie options. Don’t forget to offer your guests an assortment of sparkling wines and strawberry bellinis to highlight all the delicious flavors!
Most Common Vegan Alcohol
Most translucent spirits are vegan friendly as long as they are clear and do not contain honey. If they do contain honey, this is usually put into the beverage title. But if you want to find beers and wines at your local store, we have compiled a quick and dirty list for you to try. The following can be substituted in any mixed drink for an inclusive, fun, time.
- Budweiser and Bud Light
- Coors and Coors Light
- Miller Lite, High Life, and Genuine Draft
- Little Black Dress: Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio, & Moscato
- Our Daily Red: Cabernet Sauvignon, Zinfandel, and Red Blend
- Natura: Rosé
- Jam Cellars Toast: Brute
- Moet and Chandon: Champagne
City Roots Caters Delicious Alcoholic Drinks
If you want to cut out all the work of putting together your own unique and delicious bar look no further than our all inclusive menu of cocktails, wine, and beer. We have incredible staff who can create the most divine drinks to have your guests buzzing with excitement in no time. Some of our favorites from our newest restaurant Anixi include:
- Our ouzo rosemary grapefruit sour with ouzo, and a sour mix of grapefruit juice, lemon, grapefruit bitters, and an earthy rosemary hint. Sure to cut through the alcohol with a light burst of flavorings.
- Or our Greek oregano mojito which is a fun twist on a mojito with metaxa, oregano leaves, and a splash of delicious lime juice, simple syrup, and club soda.
- And if you’re looking for something unique, why not try our sparkling saffron drink, with classic gin and sparkling wine mixed with a burst of saffron, pomegranate seeds, and lime juice.
Of course, we offer some of the best wines and beers, such as:
- The Montauk Pilsner with just the right amount of wheat and a light caramel malt combination this German summer brew has a strong yet reviving flavor.
- Or the Founders All Day IPA which has subtle grapefruit and tangerine flavors. Drinking this, you’ll find it starts a little bitter and piney but develops into a sweet citrus finish.
- Or even the Clefs du Caladas, Cotes du Rhone (2021), France, one of our beautiful red wines with a deep black currant and plum flavoring.
Perfect Pairings at City Roots Hospitality
At the end of the day, mixology truly is an art. If you’re feeling stuck on how to make the most of your bar on short notice, reach out to the experts at City Roots Hospitality for help!