Planning your event menu can be a tricky task. The right party foods must strike the perfect balance, keeping guests satisfied while also meeting the tone of the gathering. For example, an elegant, sophisticated gathering is best balanced with a touch of wholesome flavor. Nothing is better to help you strike that tone than this mini vegan quiches recipe!
Professional guidance can be priceless in helping an event run smoothly, but by creating a few well-chosen, homemade menu items for your food table, you can easily add a personal touch that will show family and friends alike exactly how much you care. Whether you’re trying to find a new recipe, plan a sentimental reception, or just stock your next social gathering, turn to the professionals at City Roots Hospitality.
City Roots Hospitality prides itself on helping New Yorkers create memories in the healthiest, most delicious way possible. Curious to learn more about what our professional party planners bring to the table? Reach out to begin planning the rest of your spectacular vegan menu!
Outstanding Mini Vegan Quiches Recipe
No matter what time of day, there’s something about the wholesome simplicity of a mini quiche that just seems to hit the spot.
With their characteristically flavorful crust and protein-rich filling, these bite-sized snacks have something to offer every party guest. Better yet, by keeping these quiches vegan, you can ensure that everyone can savor the same access to these delicious treats!
Before starting this recipe, keep in mind how easily customizable this dish can be. We stick to a classic spinach quiche here but feel free to experiment. Simply select your favorite veggies, dice them into small bits, and saute them briefly before mixing them into your egg alternative.
Other popular options include:
- Garlic and vegan parmesan
- Impossible sausage
- Caramelized onions and a drizzle of dark balsamic
Before your next gathering, break out the mixing bowls and have some fun! By the time you start celebrating, you’ll know exactly which option best suits your party.
Without further ado, use this recipe as the roadmap you need for your very own mini vegan quiches.
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3 ounces of vegan butter
- 4 tablespoons of cold water
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 1/2 cups of spinach
- 1 1/2 cups of tofu
- 1 tablespoon of chickpea flour
- 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
- Begin this recipe by preparing your crust. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, salt, cold water, and vegan butter (partially melted). Use a fork to press the mixture together into a thick, crumbly dough. If necessary, add a bit of extra water to loosen it up and make for easier mixing. Transfer the dough to a clean, floured area, and knead until it is a smooth, firm ball.
- Using a rolling pin or wine bottle, gently flatten the dough into a disk, cover it with plastic wrap, and place it in the refrigerator.
- After the dough has cooled for around thirty minutes, remove it from the fridge and divide it into even portions. Flatten it the rest of the way.
- Here comes the challenge! Using your fingers, gently line the inside cups of a muffin tin with your dough. It’s okay for this to be a little messy; it’s part of the fun.
- To set the crust, place the muffin tin in the oven for ten minutes. Remove it from the oven, but don’t lower the heat. Set the muffin tin aside and move on to the next step.
- In a pan, warm the olive oil over medium heat. Use your hands to tear the spinach into smaller pieces. Toss the spinach in the hot oil and continue cooking until it has wilted and partially cooked. Set this aside.
- In a blender, combine the tofu, chickpea flour, nutritional yeast, garlic, and all remaining seasonings.
- Add the spinach to the blender, but do not fully blend it. Instead, stir the spinach gently into the mixture and then pour it into the crust-lined cups.
- Bake the mini quiches for around thirty minutes. Keep an eye on the top, reducing the time if the top appears to be getting too brown.
- Allow these delicious treats to cool almost completely before enjoying every bite.
Inclusive Catering Options with City Roots Hospitality
No matter your crowd, the experts at City Roots Hospitality are ready to help make your next event the simplest, most stress-free party imaginable. No matter your mood, no matter your guest, you’re guaranteed to find something to love on our expansive, inclusive menu.
Best of all, City Roots offers options! While larger parties can enjoy the indulgence of our fully-staffed catering, smaller events flourish with the added assistance of our to-go party platters. Either way, enjoy the stellar service offered by the professional staff at City Roots Hospitality.
Reach out today to learn more about what our service can do for you.