As the weather warms up, wedding season is once again upon us. With it, comes every girl’s favorite night out: the bachelorette party. Just as every bride is different, so is every bachelorette party. Whether you’re hoping to celebrate a wild bash or just enjoy a classy teatime brunch with your girls, celebrate your event in style with any of these gorgeous bachelorette party venues.
At City Roots Catering and Events, we take pride in helping New Yorkers plan outstanding events to their unique, exacting specifications. We bring all our expertise to the table, from food to service, to help make your special event one to remember. Reach out today to get a quote and begin planning the bachelorette party of your dreams!
Tips for Throwing a Bachelorette Party
Every experienced bride understands the truth: the wedding isn’t just a single “special day.” In addition to organizing a gorgeous, memorable wedding, the bride and groom also juggle the reception, rehearsal dinner, lodging for out-of-town guests, and so much more. This is why, traditionally, the maid of honor plans the bachelorette party, treating the bride to a much-deserved night of fun and distraction!
If you’ve the lucky maid of honor, don’t be overwhelmed by this responsibility. Just take this night one step at a time, and keep these tips in mind.
Identify your Tone
Before doing anything else, stop to consider what tone this evening should hold. Not every bride is looking for a wild party, just as not every party needs to necessarily follow the same-old bachelorette party script.
Is your bride more reserved, shy, or introverted? Instead of a crazy night of drinking, maybe consider treating her to a more relaxed celebration. Create adorable invitations she can happily send to her mother, aunts, and future mother-in-law to unite her friends and family under a single roof.
Maybe your bride is looking for a happy medium ground, something between the traditional antics of a bachelorette party and a relaxing vacation. In this case, consider treating the entire bridal party to a delicious dinner before hitting up the town, seeing a show, or celebrating at a hotel.
Whatever your plan, it’s important to make sure everything is done in service of the most important girl of the night: the bride. Be open, ask what she wants for her evening, and get the plans started from there.
Book a Venue
Once you’ve gathered an idea of what you want this bachelorette party to look like, it’s time to book a venue. Due to the restraints of Covid, this wedding season promises to be the busiest one of the decade, so it’s vital that you book a venue in advance!
As you search, keep in mind the size of the event. No matter how many guests you plan on inviting, you’ll find what you need among:
- Nolita: The perfect venue for an intimate, cozy night with your best friends and family. With its clean, modern design and full bar, it’s the perfect location for your shower, party, or celebration dinner! This 850 square-foot space seats 32 guests.
- Upper East Side: For a swankier dinner, check out our Upper East Side venue. This 1,000 square-foot space seats up to 50 guests with ease, and with the brick interior and clean design, your guests will be wowed by the sophistication this venue brings to the table. Not only that, they’ll adore making use of the full bar!
- Chelsea Willow: For the more reserved bachelorette party, we suggest Willow, a beautiful vegan bistro and the perfect setting for your slightly larger gathering. Cozy and contemporary, this venue seats up to 73 guests, allowing you plenty of room to invite the whole family.
- The Midtown Flagship: All too often, what starts as a small gathering ends as a major party. Has your small party grown larger than you expected? No problem! This gorgeous venue seats 75 guests with ease, complete with a beer, wine, and sake bar.
- Coletta. This space mixes soft, vintage-inspired details with rustic materials for a romantic setting sure to impress. Intimate dining niches made with lilac seating, reclaimed wood banquettes, and antique window shutters, adorn the restaurant, surrounded by floral art work by Lia Ali painted throughout. This space is perfect for hosting up to 65 guests.
Consider a Theme
Now you’ve found your venue, it’s time to decorate! Keep things simple by selecting a theme that matches your bride’s interests, then adjust to fit your budget.
For a tighter budget, select just a few key colors and decorate your venue in advance with corresponding balloons, streamers, and tablecloths. If you’re feeling more adventurous and your budget allows, consider matching t-shirts, personalized cocktail glasses, or other accessories to help the bridal party to stand out among the guests!
Don’t forget to plan games and events to keep the conversation flowing and all your guests engaged.
Wedding events can be stressful, but with help from City Roots Catering and Events, you can easily enjoy a night off from all the hustle and bustle, enjoying your much-deserved bachelorette party! Contact us today to get to work planning the party of your dreams.